Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back in the Saddle!



We are back at school and I am back into the volunteer mode. I think I either have "Sucker" or "Ask me, I don't know how to say NO" written on my forehead. I was sitting alone in a newcomers meeting and somehow got approached to be:
6th grade Rep.
Halloween Carnival Chairmen
Secretary to the Board

Which one should I choose? I told them that I would think about it and let them know. I will keep y'all posted.

In the meantime, Vienna. We drove thru Moravian Wine Region to Vienna, Austria when my Mom was still here and stayed a few days. It was lovely.
Stayed within the "Ring"
Stuff we saw while we were there:



St. Stephen's Cathedral - I don't know if you can see it in this picture but they were in the process of renovating the Cathedral and there were very detailed pictures of the Cathedral printed on fabric panels covering the areas that were under construction. On the right of my picture you can see one of the panels.





World famous Schönbrunn Palace (Summer Palace). This is the courtyard in front of the palace.


The above two pictures are of the rear of the Palace. The Fountain is magnificent. I wish you could have heard the boys discussing it. They saw that the horses and men were coming out of the waters and were in transition from fish to men and horses. We called them Mermen. And they began telling me all about the guy in the center - Poseidon. And then of course a lengthy discussion ensued about all of the other Greek gods and who was the strongest, etc.
The building in the distance is called the Gloriette and was built in 1775.
The Palace gardens also had a large maze and the boys had a blast chasing each other through.
I think I will stop now. Vienna Part II to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment