Friday, May 25, 2012

Still carrying on!

A few more details on our trip to London. Bret and the boys actually rode the Eye of London. It was a little slow for them. I think they were looking for a thrill ride but it allowed for some great views and photo ops.

Caleb, Bret and Peyton across the River from the Eye.

Left: Peyton and Caleb in a car on the Eye.
Above: A view of Big Ben and Parliament.






We had great seats at Wicked and the boys said, "I love this play". We ate at a little Italian place across the street an hour before the play. It was so great being able to walk in and to communicate that we needed to eat, pay and leave in less than an hour. Never would have happened in CZ.



Here are a few pictures of us at London landmarks. The boys enjoyed the changing of the guard. They were able to see because they sat on our shoulders. I had the assistance of a stone pillar but I was still supporting them on my shoulder. Oh my, they are getting big!!! NBC was there with their London correspondents about to do a news story on the Today show. Peyton stopped and started talking to them about what they were broadcasting. I got behind the camera and they took a picture of me on their monitors. I tried to get Peyton to do it but he was suddenly shy. Go figure?!?
Bret and Peyton
Trafalgar Square
Big Ben


Olympic Countdown Clock
in Trafalgar Square























These three pictures were taken at or near
 Buckingham Palace.
The Top Left is the one of me on the NBC
monitor screen in their satellite van.
The bottom left is the four of us in front of the
Palace just after the changing of the guard.
The right photo was taken outside the
Bag 'O Nails Pub where I ate all by my self in
London almost 20 years ago.



Peyton and Caleb under the Marble Arch.




Only one bad spot on our London tableau. We stayed near the Marble Arch which is at the edge of Kensington Garden. Many Middle Eastern restaurants and Hookah lounges were in the area.
Hookah lounges are clubs where you can smoke "exotic" forms of tobacco in large water pipes.
We had to walk past many of these lounges to get to our hotel every night and the smell was horrible. The boys hated it and tried to cover their faces as we hurried past.

No comments:

Post a Comment